joint Pain Treatment
HOW EXACTLY DOES LIPOGEMS WORK?
LIPOGEMS is ideal for patients that have an orthopaedic condition, unable to get major, invasive surgery, would like another option to major, invasive surgery.
Microfragmented adipose tissue processed by the LIPOGEMS System is used to provide cushion and support to help the natural healing process by supporting the repair, replacement, reconstruction of damaged or injured tissue.
The LIPOGEMS minimally invasive procedure is performed in a physicians office or a surgical setting and can be completed in less than an hour.
The fat is first harvested. It’s then gently processed and/or cleaned with the LIPOGEMS device and then delivered into areas in the body to promote healing.
One great advantage of LIPOGEMS is that the fat cells can be delivered to multiple areas of the body. For patients that suffer from orthopaedic conditions in multiple areas of their body, the LIPOGEMS device can easily process the fat tissue to be used in all those areas in just one visit.
SIMPLE AND QUICK PROCEDURE
LIPOGEMS preserves the reparative cells inside of the fat. The minimally invasive procedure can be performed in less than an hour in the physician’s office or in a surgical setting.
Only uses saline to wash away the contaminants such as blood, oil, and cell debris.
The LIPOGEMS device gently resizes the fat tissue to an optimal size that is easy for injection and also allows for greater interaction with the treatment site to help repair, reconstruct, replace the damaged or injured tissue.
LIPOGEMS is FDA Cleared for use in Orthopaedics.
MAY BE USED IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
For patients that suffer from orthopaedic conditions in multiple areas of their body, the Lipogems device can easily process the fat tissue to be used in those areas.
BEST QUALITY TISSUE
Your own fat has the best quality tissue and there is minimal risk of rejection and infection.
Contact Lancaster GALS today to learn more!
What are the potential benefits of Lipogems if you are not ready for major surgery?
- Multiple Injections in the Same Session: “Many patients suffer from multiple orthopaedic issues due to wear and tear or compensating for one issue leads to another issue. One of the reasons I like using Lipogems is we are able to wash, rinse, and resize your own fat tissue for multiple injection sites during a single session. For example, if you suffer from orthopaedic issues in both knees and one shoulder – one can inject in three different joints, with minimal downtime from the procedure and minimal pain medication. This is an ideal option for patients that are not ready for surgery or want to avoid the hospital and/or do not qualify for surgery.”
- Natural, Minimally Invasive Procedure with Minimal Complications/Risk: “The procedure is performed in the office/minor procedure room using your own tissue. Using your own tissue has minimal chance of rejection or infection. There have been over 40,000 Lipogems procedures performed with a low rate of minor complications (1-2%) and no major complications reported.”
- Strong Scientific Evidence From Leading Institutions: “It is important that the procedures that I offer are supported by strong scientific evidence. There are over 80+ peer-reviewed publications with 3 year follow-up supporting Lipogems. The scientific and clinical studies were performed at leading institutions such as New York University, Harvard University, Emory University, and others. It is important for me to see that leading physicians around the world are using and offering this technology, The physicians have a high satisfaction rate for the procedure in patients that have tried or failed conservative efforts and are not ready for major surgery”
- Economical and Efficient: “The procedure is economical and the majority of the patients receive one procedure. In addition, Lipogems is more cost-effective than the costs of major orthopaedic surgery and may be used in multiple sites in the same setting. Major orthopaedic surgery is expensive and the recovery period can be cumbersome and lengthy. There is minimal down time required with the Lipogems procedure.”
Benefits of Lipogems
- McAlindon TE et al. Effect of Intra-articular Triamcinolone vs Saline on Knee Cartilage Volume and Pain in Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017 May 16;317(19):1967-1975.
- Kompel A et al. Intra-articular Corticosteroid Injections in the Hip and Knee: Perhaps Not as Safe as We Thought? Radiology. Dec 2019.
- https://www.niams.nih.gov/newsroom/spotlight-on-research/long-term-benefit-steroid-injections-knee-osteoarthritis-challenged. Accessed on April 20, 2020.
- Beane, O.S., et al. (2014). “Impact of aging on the regenerative properties of bone marrow-, muscle-, and adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/ stromal cells.” PloS one 9.12. e115963.
- Stolzing, A., et al. (2008). “Age-related changes in human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells: consequences for cell therapies.” Mechanisms of aging and development 129.3: 163-173.
- Kern, S., et al. (2006). “Comparative analysis of mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow, umbilical cord blood, or adipose tissue.” Stem cells 24.5: 1294-1301
Individual results vary. Not all patients will have the same post-procedure recovery and activity level. See your physician to discuss your potential benefits and risks.The Lipogems System is a sterile medical device intended for the closed-loop processing of your own fat tissue in medical procedures involving the harvesting, concentrating and transferring of your own fat (adipose) tissue harvested with a legally marketed lipoplasty system. This can be a minimally invasive procedure that’s done in the office, to support soft tissue defects and may promote healing in orthopaedics and arthroscopic surgery. Lipogems may or may not be appropriate for all patients. Like any medical procedure, there is a risk for soreness, redness, swelling, and/or pain. These procedures require needle access (size, location and depth vary depending on the procedure) and this may result in (but not limited to), discomfort, pain, apprehension, bruising, tenderness, bleeding, swelling, or infiltration at the injection site. Other symptoms that may occur include lightheadedness, fainting, nausea, or vomiting. There is a slight risk of infection at the injection site and minimal risk of adverse reactions or complications as with any other injection procedure. Since the fat is from your own body there is little concern of disease transmission, allergic reaction or tissue rejection. For patients with chronic medical conditions such as autoimmune, diabetes, heart or lung disease, circulatory diseases or obesity, extreme caution may be necessary. There are rare but possible risks and complications due to fat transfer including an allergic reaction to the local anesthetic, damage to underlying structures,hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal), changes in sensation, unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures, permanent discoloration caused by a ruptured blood vessel at the treatment site, calcification, a divet in the area of the tissue harvest, perioperative bleeding, a blood clot at the treatment or donor site, an infection, scar tissue, and a fat embolism caused by a fat injection mistakenly directed into a blood vessel, and death. The information presented is for educational purposes only. Speak to your doctor to decide if Lipogems procedure is appropriate for you. Individual results vary and not all patients will return to the same activity level. The lifetime of any procedure is limited and depends on several factors like patient weight and activity level. Your doctor will counsel you about strategies for your post-procedural care. It is important to closely
follow your physician’s instructions regarding post-procedure activity, treatment and follow-up care. Ask your doctor if Lipogems procedure is right for you. Lipogems or other corporate affiliated entities own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Lipogems. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.